Its 1am in the morning and I am wide awake and up for the rest of the night I guess. I really must get my sleeping hours back in Sync before I go back to work on the 12th of April, when you are not working you tend to sleep when you are tired and awake when you are not tired well that’s how my body does it anyways. The only trouble with that is most people are asleep when I am awake and it gets lonely.
Easter, now what is Easter is it a pagan holiday or a religious holiday? I have upset a few people in the last couple of days because I had it in my mind to do a little research on Easter and the Bible now I am not a god fearing person I am in fact an Agnostic I got interested because my very best friend lives by the bible and where I work of an evening is a college that deals in philosophy and theology, I have to admit until I started working there last October I never knew what theology was but once I knew it got me interested, you can study the bible and not have to be a believer. I wanted to find out why so many people live by the word of the bible and why? I cannot fathom out why people do this and still do not understand but I will not give up trying to understand.
Well I have come to the end of my first week on leave and it’s been a mix bag of things, I sorted Benji out on Monday all that worry I had for the last month or so was all for nothing the private vet made me believe he needed a operation but after going to the RSPCA and finding out it was a cyst on Benji tail and within minutes the vet had stuck a needle in his tail drained off all the fluid and there was the cyst gone, all it cost me was £13 a little deferent then the £400 the private vet had made me believe the treatment was going to cost!
On Tuesday I had a surveyor from the council and one from Ockray the heating company visit to look at my water heater in my kitchen I had not had any hot water in my kitchen for a least a month because the knob on the water heater had gone and the company did not do any parts for it any more the cold water knob was slowing going and can you believe it broke as the two men was standing there. So I am going to have a new Combi Boiler put in but they said it was not going to happen to Tuesday, Wednesday next week that was the 6th 7th of April, they left knowing that I had no hot water or drinking water but they did not care. Well this never hit me until the next day when I wanted to give my Benji some fresh water then it hit me I had no drinking water and how was I going to cope for a whole week? So this brought me to Wednesday and I started the slow process of trying to get the council to understand why I had no water and how I was going to get them to come around and sort something out. To cut a long story short I had to call out the emergency service and I got a man who thought he had come to my house to sort out a leak the council are so stupid they can’t even get that right, anyway the man took one look phoned his boss and the boss told him to leave the job because it was the heating company’s responsibility and was going to leave but he felt sorry for me and put together some sort of tap by cutting a pipe and putting in a tap and a copper pipe and I had water thanks to that man I had water. If he had done what his boss wanted I still would not have had any water until the 6th 7th of April. So far I was having a wonderful holiday hehe but at least I was at home to sort it out and would have been so stressed to be at work and not be any to do anything.
So it’s the weekend now and I am finding it so lonely any other weekend I would not feel this way but it’s something to do with holidays like this that affect me just like the Christmas holidays where family’s get together and have a good time, when it comes to me I always seem to be alone but I do not feel as depressed as I did last Christmas so that a blessing I guess!
Currently
-
Reading ... in the Bible, Luke.In other books I'm caught in a stream of
disappointing reads at the moment. I read And Every Morning the Way Home
Gets Long...
3 days ago

2 comments:
Always interesting to share your thoughts, Chrissie. I had to look up Agnostic..."One who believes that it is impossible to know whether there is a God" as I wasn't sure of the meaning.
I have to say that those of us who do believe have instances quite regularly that show that God knows what is going on in our lives and sends things our way. Glad the kind man provided water for you, and also Benji was sorted out so well, and that you feel better about the holidays, you do have some Blessings!
Hugs - Jan
I would say I am on the fence with the God subject I am saying that the jury out on that subject still trying to make my mind up about it so staying with a open mind at the moment.
Post a Comment