Wednesday, 28 July 2010

BEEN THINKING

I have had over a week on the sick now, I had to get through my anger, anguish, my hurt feelings, to combat the stress I have been feeling since my unfair treatment back to last November. How I was treated unfairly and cheated out of my expenses. My unlawful suspension and the following cover up of that by giving my holiday so I had not a leg to stand on to pursue this unfair treatment. To gain back the wages I had lost the opportunity came up to work extra hours on my evening site so I was working an extra 10 hours a week. It was not what I wanted because after working in my last job working up to 55 hours a week my health was suffering and I knew I had to cut back. Because of what I was offered I took on an IT course that cost me £62 per month to which the expenses covered and then to have that taken away from me I was struggling to pay my bills. Which left me so angry, bitter, and hard done by, to the point that I was getting more and more stressed every day.


When I starting having problem with my parking, and then the following complaint that was unjustified just added to my stress, I was already carrying a load that was pushing me to my limit. So just before I went on the sick I was blackmailed into working an extra hour a day when all reality was more like one hour 30 I knew this was going to be too much for me as I was already at my limit.

I had no choice but to give in and take the advice of my doctor who had tried a month before to get me to go on the sick but I refused because I do not get paid and did not want to have that worry. So I had no choice this time to take his advice.

So in the last week I have been trying to find a solution, I phoned my union and was told when the doctor gives me a day to return to work I was to call him and he would help me to take up a grievance case for bulling and harassment.

I have been thinking hard on this and have come to a conclusion that I do not want any more conflict so I have been thinking long and hard about how else I could work this out with my company. I called the union rep yesterday and told him this and told him want I want is to work the hours I was doing and do not want to work any more hours above what I was already doing, and the help I want was for him to help me with this. He was not interested in this and said he told me what I had to do and that was to go down the grievance road. So I said to him I will think on this and get back to him. I have been thinking about this and this is what I have decided to do. When I go to the doctors on Friday I will explain to him that I need a few more days before I go back to work, I am aiming to go back next Wednesday and I will contact the HR and arrange a welfare meeting with the director and put my case to him why I have been stressed, my health and how I do not want to work any more hours, and ask him if I could carry on with the hours I was doing. That would not cause the conflict of harassment and bulling case that would put the backs up of my two account managers and it would be a more smooth way to go on. So that is my plan and that sits better with me then the way the union man wanted to go. If this does not work and I am still harassed then that will be the time I take up the road of the union.

No comments: