I feel at peace today, not sure why, but all my worries are not at the front of my mind where they were driving me to distraction. They are still there but not as prominent as before. I am trying to take the situation in my stride I guess having this time off has allowed me to relax, eat better, but not so sure about sleeping better I still have to get that right. Maybe that will sort it’s self out you never know.
I have started a new hobby and that is swimming started last Tuesday, there I was going for it ha-ha forgotten that I have not swam for 20 years and it was not easy and a lady who was much older than me told me I am supposed to warm up first trust me to be a ‘bull in a china shop’ the next couple of days I hurt mostly my neck and head not surprising really as there are muscles that have not been worked for a long time hehe they must have had a shock. I did it again on Friday this time I was brave and went in the mixed pool being shy the first time about me being overweight, I was glad I did go in the other pool because there was a steam room and a sauna I did not go for the sauna but did try the steam room, was told by a man in there that it is good for you. I must admit I did feel better when I got home and had a really nice sleep. I guess I am getting used to it now as I am not hurting as much as the first time and I am looking forward to the next time. Terri has Monday off and she is going to come with me.
When I go back to work I will either go early in the morning or leave it to the weekend. I think it is something I want to carry on as I do not get any exercise at all. A good start, and new outlook I am hoping? Who knows??
Currently
-
Reading ... in the Bible, Luke.In other books I'm caught in a stream of
disappointing reads at the moment. I read And Every Morning the Way Home
Gets Long...
3 days ago

2 comments:
Glad you are feeling so much better, Chrissie.
That is great you have started swimming too.... it is something that gives a great sense of satisfaction, as well as the exercise, and chatting with different people too.
All the best for your meeting coming up, and your work from now on.
Hugs and God Bless - Jan
Thanks Jan, had to put together all my paperwork for my meeting this morning made me feel a little down, but will forget that for now and try to relax. I will be going swimming again tomorrow then I will spend some time with Terri getting together my meeting stuff. I need the swimming so I can get out the stress.
Post a Comment