Friday, 22 October 2010

TIME FOR A CHANGE

This week as been a pleasant change, on Tuesday I travelled to the East End of London, by the Mile End Road to the ELT Baptise Church for a Women’s fellowship, just what I needed; a lady Clari's the lady I met last Sunday at the church when I went for the first time to the service sat with me, because I had phoned up the week before and spoke to the American Pastor I said to him I am looking for groups where I can learn about being a Christian and do Bible studies and such and he said come to the service on Sunday and meet Clari's who runs the women groups.
So going back a bit more to one day last week, after buying my new bible I had a thirst for more knowledge and looked up on the Internet Christian book shops in my area and found one in the East End it was fate I was going to walk into this shop where I meet Richard and I got talking to him and how I came to this point where I wanted to learn and eat up what God was showing me, hehe funny saying that but it’s true.  I could not find what I was looking for but he got on the phone to somebody to find out about a course that he had heard about at his church.   
Richard gave me a card with the phone number and I phoned the next day after sending a couple of emails which one of them came back to me where the email address had been misspelled.  So I ended up going down on Sunday last and on Tuesday last went to the women’s meeting, most of them are older than me but it was nice to be in company because I have this very bad habit of isolating and being very unsocial but I decided this time I am going to get myself out there. 
It’s all fate how all this has happen like it was suppose too.  Clari's came to see me on Wednesday she is around my age and funny enough very much like me, never been married or had any children she was a RE Teacher in Wales and wanted a change so got offered this job in the East End and she teaches people English whose first language is not English, She is part of the church and works there running groups and teaching.  She is a very nice lady and we talked about how she became a Christian which was very interesting.  So that is me at the moment; swallowing up lots of reading matter and still have a thirst for more.

No comments: